Sheridan township was first organized in 1869, and its territory was taken from the townships of Gallatin and Jefferson. It is a good township of land, though on some of the uplands the soil is light. On Marrowbone Creek, of which there are two branches on the eastern edge of Monroe township, the soil is of a rich black mould, very deep and extremely fertile. It has some fine timber, and in this the township has a source of considerable wealth, and as Marrowbone Creek waters the township on both the north and south, the timber is pretty evenly distributed over the township except in the central part.

Sheridan Township Resources

Back to: Daviess County