Jamesport township was not organized until 1870, and was then called Grant. The territory was taken from a portion of Grand River township, and also of Jackson, making the municipal township six miles square or a congressional township in extent of territory. As apart of Grand River township it was settled as early as 1834. Thomas N. Auberry was the first settler, and he was followed by many others.

Additional Jamesport Township Resources

Back to: Daviess County