The first election for township officers was under the new township organization law which remained in force until the first of January, 1878, when, it was repealed.

The election in the spring of 1872 resulted as follows: Wesley Lee, supervisor; Wm. Smith, clerk; Brad. W. Stout, assessor; Olden Cole, collector; J. N. Moore, constable; S. R. Grieggs and R. Richardson, justices of the peace.

1873-Wesley Lee, supervisor; W. J. Smith, township clerk; Brad Stout, collector; J. D. M. Jacks, assessor; J. H. Mallory and Dick Richardson, justices of the peace; George Smith, constable.

1874-T. B. Crowder, trustee; W. J. Smith, clerk; J. D. M. Jacks, assessor; Brad. W. Stout, collector.

1875-T. B. Crowder, trustee; W. J. Smith, clerk; Joseph H. Mallory and R. N. Moore, justices of the peace; Brad W. Stout, collector; Elisha Frost, assessor; Isaac D. Davis, constable.

1876-T. B. Crowder, trustee; C. B. Munson, clerk; W. F. Richardson, assessor; Brad W. Stout, collector.

1877-Daniel Peffiey, trustee; W. Stout, clerk; Brad. W. Stout, assessor; P. A. Morrison, collector; E. E. Mallory, constable; J. H. Mallory and R. N. Moore, justices of the peace.

The reenactment of the township law at the session of 1880-81, again gave the people of the several townships the right to choose their local officers, and the following were elected in the spring of 1881: Elisha Frost, trustee; B. W. Stout, collector; W. T. Hughes, clerk; V. W. Scrivinger, constable; J. H. Mallory and Newton Moore, justices of the peace.

Back to: Daviess County