In the year 1878, E. A. Huson began the publication of a newspaper at Winston called The Winston News. This flourished, or seemingly so, for a period of six months, when death claimed it. It was a bright and newsy little sheet but ahead of the times.
In 1880 the long-felt want was again filled by E. A. Martin, starting a weekly paper and calling it the New Era. He tried hard to believe a really new era had started in Winston, but after a year’s struggle the New Era ceased to exist. This ended the newspaper business, as at this writing Winston has no paper.
Back to: Daviess County