John Harrison, postmaster at Greenfield, Mo., was born in Boone Co., Mo., May 22, 1825, and is the son of George and Malinda (Lynes) Harrison, and the grandson of John and Elizabeth (Harris) Harrison. George Harrison was born in Alexander, Va., September 3, 1800, and was left an orphan when but a small boy. After the death of his parents he was taken by his uncle, a Mr. Dennis, who removed to Woodford County, Ky., and here George learned the saddler’s trade. When a young man he went to Old Franklin, Howard County, Mo., and shortly afterward to Columbia, Boone County, of the same State, where he was married, March 24, 1824, to Miss Malinda Lynes. Mr. Harrison died in Hempstead County, Ark., September 22, 1859. His wife was born in Madison County, Ky., August 12, 1803, and when five years of age her parents, Joseph and Mary Lynes, moved to St. Louis, and thence to Boone County, Mo., being among the pioneer settlers. Since 1851 Mrs. Harrison has lived with her daughter, Elmira Meng, of Dover, Mo. Mrs. Harrison is the mother of four children. John Harrison attained his growth in Boone County, Mo., and received a fair education in the schools of that county. After leaving home he commenced working at the harness-maker’s trade, but a few years later took up merchandising at Walnut Grove, Greene County. May 18, 1853, he married Miss Mary E. Foushee, daughter of William and Narcissa (Hunt) Foushee, of St. Charles County, Mo., and a native of Claiborne County, Tenn., born in 1833. William Foushee was a native Virginian. To Mr. and Mrs. Harrison were born nine children: Roger H., a physician near Gainesville, Texas; Charles, deputy postmaster of Greenfield, and a harness-maker by trade; Mark E., a dentist of Nevada, Mo.; Edwin, assistant cashier in Dade County Bank; Ralph, cadet at West Point; William, in Victoria, New Mexico, manager of a broom factory; Ruth (deceased), Hugh and Elmira. After marriage Mr. Harrison located in Bolivar, where he established a harness and saddlery shop, and where he remained until after the war. In 1866 he became a citizen of Greenfield, and established a harness and saddle shop, which he conducted until May 19, 1885, when he was appointed by William F. Vilas as postmaster of Greenfield, which position he filled to the satisfaction of all concerned. He is a Democrat in political views, casting his first presidential vote for Gen. Taylor in 1848. He was a member of the school board of Greenfield for a number of years, and was one of the initial members. He was also a member of the city council for some time. Mrs. Harrison is a member of the Christian Church.