Lincoln Missouri Churches and Schools

Pilot Grove Church This is the oldest church in the township and one of the oldest in the county, and is of the Baptist denomination. It was originally organized in 1840, by Rev. William Mikels, its first pastor, and the original members were Joseph Everly and wife, John Mikels and wife, John J. Everly, Lucy Bear and Mrs. Sarah Mikels. The congregation built a log church in the summer of 1845, at a cost of about $100. The pastors were Revs. William Mikels, Elijah Morrill, John Smith, William Baldwin and Joseph Wood. The church grew and flourished until 1857, when …

Lincoln Missouri Churches and Schools Read More »