Pattonsburg

Pattonsburg Missouri Churches and Schools

Baptist Church The Missionary Baptist Church of Pattonsburg was organized February 2, 1881, and the original members were William G. Weldon, Louis Noble, E. H. Tillery, H. B. Tillery, F. R. Bullock, J. H. Weldon, N. G. Dillon, Rebecca Noble, Mary Shanks, D. E. Dillon, M. J. Weldon, Lucy M. Christie, Elizabeth Hardin, and Melvina Robbins. Another member has joined since and they have now in course of erection, and nearly completed a handsome frame structure thirty-six by fifty feet at a cost of $1,500. The Liberty Church near McFalls was erected in 1860 and is well sustained. The Free …

Pattonsburg Missouri Churches and Schools Read More »

Pattonsburg, Benton Township, Daviess County, Missouri

The town is situated on the bottom lands on the bank of Sampson Creek, in a place called “Elm Flats” from the number of elms growing upon it. The old town of Pattonsburg was located about one and a half miles north of the present location, and went by that name since 1845. Matthew Patton built the first water-mill in the township, just on the edge of town, on Big Creek, and from being called Patton’s Mill, it became changed to Pattonsburg as the name of the settlement. The location of the town was up on a rolling eminence, with …

Pattonsburg, Benton Township, Daviess County, Missouri Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top