Grant

Jamesport Missouri Officials 1872-1881

The officials elect to take charge of the civil business of Grant township in 1872 were as follows: Robert C. Williams, supervisor; Isaiah Jones, clerk; Eli Kehler, assessor; W. R. P. Allen, collector; John W. Warren, constable; Frank Callison and David Rhea, justices of the peace. The first official meetings of the town board were held in Franklin Callison’s storehouse. The officers elected in 1873 were R. C. Williams, supervisor; J. N. Jones, clerk; Michael Murray, collector; Charles M. Hutchison, assessor; Nathan Gillilan and Frank Callison, justices; John W. Warren, constable. On November 24th, 1873, Nathan Gillilan elected justice of …

Jamesport Missouri Officials 1872-1881 Read More »

Benton Township Boundary Extended

Notwithstanding the many changes that had taken place, and the belief that the rearrangement of township lines in 1870 would be final, Freedom township was completely wiped out within three months, and Grant township had its name changed to Jamesport. The next and last change comes to Benton township in 1878. The County Court on August 5th, 1878, ordered that sections thirty-one to thirty-two inclusive of township sixty-one of range twenty-nine, now a part of Marion township, be added to Benton, and henceforth Benton township shall include all of township No. 61 of range 29 and sections 31, 32, 33, …

Benton Township Boundary Extended Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top