Bancroft

1881 Bancroft Missouri Business Directory

Business Directory Mitchell & Thornberg, general merchandise Weldon & Hendricks, general merchandise H. E. Gibson, hardware store W. R. Hendricks, drugs, paints and oils John Gordon, blacksmith Samuel L. Turley, shoe shop A. F. Hendricks, postmaster C. H. Weldon, drugs Gibson & Johnson, blacksmiths Agricultural store Dr. D. B. Hill, spoken of in the early history of the township; Dr. R. L. Green, of the eclectic school, who deservedly stands high Dr. G. A. Lierlie, a young man of solid sense and attainments, reared in the township, and enjoys a good practice The grangers have a fine hall over one …

1881 Bancroft Missouri Business Directory Read More »

Bancroft, Lincoln Township, Daviess County, Missouri

Bancroft History The town of Bancroft is pleasantly situated in the northwest corner of the township, and is located in townships sixty-one and sixty-two, being on the township line dividing them, and about one mile from the Sullivan county line and the same distance from the west line of the township. Is is principally built upon sections five and thirty-two. It was laid out in the year 1857, by John Oram and Thomas Mikels, each giving five acres of land for the site of the town. The first merchant being Washington Nichols and the first blacksmith shop was that of …

Bancroft, Lincoln Township, Daviess County, Missouri Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top